We frequently receive questions on what is the best way to prolong the battery life on their Wahl tools. Wahl lead electrical engineer Matt Bowers helps give his 6 best tips on how to do so.
- If the device is fully discharged, apply a charge right away to prevent damage or inability to recharge.
- A partial charge is fine; Li-Ion does not require a full charge.
- Charge the device at moderate temperatures (10-40°C (50-104°F) Ambient Temperature).
- Perform regular maintenance on the device including keeping the blades oiled, clean, and free of debris to prevent taxing the battery.
- When not in use, store the partially charged device (~50%) in a cool and dry place away from heat sources and direct sunlight ( 20-25°C Ambient recommended) Important: Do not store device with little or no charge!
- Take the device out of storage after every 6 months and give it a partial re-charge it if it is to remain in storage for extended periods.